Friday, February 18, 2011

Stash-Building Tips


All this ... for 29 cents?!?!

Now that I have become a Coupon Goddess, I look at the world in a whole new way! Retail prices have become dares, challenging me to find creative ways to get more for less.

In the upcoming days I am going to share a few of my super-special scores, along with details about how I was able to add to my food storage without breaking my budget.

I have become a loyal SwagBucks user. (Follow the link at the top of my sidebar to check it out.) Basically, SwagBucks is a powerful Web search engine. Every time you search the Web, you can earn "bucks". Collect the bucks, then trade them in for rewards. For example, I recently traded in 450 bucks for a $5 gift card at Amazon.com.

Truly, there are no strings attached. You'll never pay a fee for searching, you'll never pay any hidden costs when collecting your rewards. SwagBucks makes it easy to collect small amounts of bucks when searching, but also offers opportunities to earn more bucks by printing out coupons, purchasing Groupons, etc.

Amazon.com listed the 4 containers of arborio rice for $24.33 ($0.17/ounce). I noticed that if I used the Subscribe and Save option, the price reduced to $20.68 ($0.14/ounce). After applying 4 SwagBucks gift cards, I was able to have these containers of arborio delivered to my home ... for only $0.29 total cash-out-of-pocket!

Although I live in a suburban area with limitless shopping options, I know that many preppers choose a more rural lifestyle. The combo of SwagBucks and Amazon.com would enable anyone to get amazing bargains, regardless of nearby retailers.

Check out SwagBucks for yourself ... and let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help!

I promise that I am in no way compensated by SwagBucks! In fact, they don't even know I'm writing this post! I found a way to frugally increase my food storage and just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I reply to comments here, so be sure to check back.